Thursday, August 03, 2006

Stormy Weather

I hope some of you out there have read Carl Hiaasen. He writes thrillers, I guess you'd call them, but they are funny, satirical really, scathing and unsympathetic to the bad guys.

I just finished Skinny Dip, an hilarious story about a husband who takes his wife on a cruise and then throws her overboard because he thinks she's found out about his underhanded activities involving testing the waters of the Florida Everglades. I have to tell you (and it doesn't spoil the story: she lives.)

Well now I want to start Stormy Weather, but it's about a hurricane in the Florida Keys and I'm going to the Dominican Republic on vacation. Should I read it? Will it scare me? Ruin a vacation so badly needed?

I thought about it for a while and something that caught my eye in the book made me decide to go ahead and read...What the heck! Hiaasen wrote on the dedication page the following:


FOR
Donna, Camille, Hugo and Andrew

I laughed out loud!! Do ya get it? Donna, Camille, Hugo and Andrew?? the hurricanes? What a CLEVER guy! He deserves to be read! the teach

No comments: